if you do the 1.2 update gain ( there is an download here somewhere!) then you may find that you can see the outernet hotspot and connect but not get an IP address from it.
this is the "easy fix" for that issue
fixed this WIFI issue like this (cut & pasted from an earlier post)
After connecting to the outernet hotspot
1) Opened the config of the IPV4 on the WiFi on my PC
2) change it to NOT use DCHP, but manual settings
3) set the IP as 10.0.0.5
4) set the mask as 255.0.0.0
5) set the gateway as 10.0.0.1
6) in my browser I went to 10.0.0.1 and the page appeared
7) Logged in as outernet
8) went to "Network" in Skylark
9) changed NOTHING as the settings were OK for me
10) clicked "Apply & reboot"
11) Set my local wifi back to DHCP
12) waited for the CHIP to reboot , and connected to the outernet hotspot
13) connected to 10.0.0.1 in my browser like normal
14) there is no step 14!
I don't have the CHIP on my network, it is separate and I connect one of my machines to the "Outernet" hotspot to preserve my local "OpSec" Things get complicated once you change the Access mode..